Wednesday, December 24, 2008
We were going out to grab a few last minute things and when we opened the front door there was a box from Josh's dad and step mom. Josh grabbed the poultry shears (I know, interesting choice) to cut through the tape, and I went to grab my camera because I thought the postage was funny (thirty 41c stamps). Next thing Josh is running to the sink and I see a trail of blood behind him. Apparently he had accidentally stabbed himself in the hand!
Once we got the bleeding to stop we discussed whether or not it needed stitches. In the end we weren't sure so we made Urgent Care the first stop on our errands. He ended up needing 2 stitches and the doctor kept joking that I'd done the stabbing - HA HA.
I don't have a picture of the wound (since its bandaged right now) but here's the weapon:
Hope everyone is having an injury-free Christmas Eve!
Monday, December 15, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! In fact I love wrapping paper so much I dream of having a job at the gift wrapping counter of a store.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake! This is going to make me sound like a major dork but one of my favorite things about fake trees is their perfect symmetry.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? By January 1st.
5. Do you like eggnog? Eewwww
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my newborn baby doll - I got him when I was 7. His name is Baby James and I still have him. He's actually kind of creepy looking - maybe I'll take a picture of him and post it on here.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Josh - he always says he doesnt want anything.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Monkey and Hobbes. Foam golf balls? Check.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? None immediately come to mind.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Love Actually. I guess technically its not a Christmas movie but its set at Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November-ish.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham, my mom's stuffing, mince pies, fruit cake (why do Americans hate fruit cake?)
16. Lights on the tree? White.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have no idea what its called but I only ever hear it when I'm in England. But really, I love pretty much all Christmas music.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year we're staying home but hopefully next year we'll get to spend it with family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? I thought I could but I just went over them in my head and I'm missing one.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas day? Christmas day. When I was a kid my mom let us open one on Christmas Eve.
22. Does Santa Wrap your presents? Yes. But he has skipped our house the past few years.
23. Snow, Love it or Dread it? Love it if I'm staying inside, hate it if I have to go out and drive in it.
24. Candy canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum if they're mint flavored.
25. What the most important thing about the season? Family.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
It needs a little TLC inside and out but we love it! I still need to take some pictures of the inside. I am planning on doing before and after pics of each room and I'll post those, but seeing as we haven't actually finished a room yet it could be a while.
I think I have finally found a cure for my wedding obsession - decorating and renovating! I guess technically its more of a new obsession than a cure but hey, whatever works. My dreams are now filled with paint, window treatments, light fixtures, etc. - its fabulous!
my dad hiked Half Dome ...
Then it rained really hard all night and my Dad's tent got soaked by a puddle that formed around it (see pic below) so he decided we should go home early. I tried really hard not to be excited that we were ending the camping trip early :-)
Friday, October 31, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Is it wierd that I feel guilty about neglecting my blog? We've had a lot going on so unfortunately blogging went to the bottom of the priority list. Since the last post my dad came to visit from England, we got the keys to our house(!), quickly packed, moved our stuff into the house, and went to Philly for a week. Stayed tuned for pictures and more details.
Woohoo go Phillies!!!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Friday, September 5, 2008
We have been looking at homes for the past month and found out this past Tuesday that our offer on our number 1 choice was accepted. Inspection and appraisal are next week so please keep your fingers crossed that nothing big comes up. We are extremely excited but also nervous about this major purchase!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Apparently I have way too much time on my hands ...
Apparently the bottom had fallen out of the bowl! The bowl was in one piece and then all of a sudden it cracked in a perfect circle and the bottom just fell out - I've never seen anything like it. Pure madness! Josh was really disappointed that his snack was all over the floor and contemplated scooping it up and eating it before common sense set in.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
I keep hoping that one of these years it will miraculously stop being unruly and start being fabulous but then I remember this picture in my baby book from when I was 8 months old:
Monday, July 21, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Anyway ... A couple of months ago I noticed that Josh was watching Nascar on the weekends so I half jokingly asked him if he was becoming a Nascar fan and to my amusement he said he was "because football isn't on right now." I made fun of him a little because really how can you enjoy watching cars drive round and round in circles - the whole thing just seems pointless!
Fast forward a couple of weeks and somehow I have guys I am rooting for. I cant sit and watch the whole race but I check in frequently to see how 'my guys' are doing. And I actually care who wins. This is really embarrassing - the girl who hates sports has somehow become a Nascar fan. I don't even know anyone who likes Nascar!!! This is so un-me. Hopefully its just a phase and will end soon so I can go back to my sport hating ways.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Hopefully there is a pretty blue ring in my future :-)
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Josh and I barbequed tri-tip (and had a little mishap with the marinade - it was so extremely salty that I had to rinse the cooked meat under the tap to make it edible!) and then watched Spellbound. Yup, we're pretty hip and happenin'!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
This is Monday June 23rd. At the end of that road you should be able to clearly see hills in the background but they are barely visible.
This is Thursday June 26th. You can barely even see the outline of the hills - way too much smoke in the air!!!
Things are looking more normal today and there is even a hint of blue in the sky. Hopefully we'll be breathing clean air again in no time!
Here are the 3 pics side by side for your viewing pleasure :-)