Saturday, July 19, 2008

Can this be true?

Most of you who know me know that I'm not a sports fan. I don't enjoy participating in sports, nor do I enjoy watching them. (Well I do love watching rugby and equestrian events but since they're never on TV I'm not even counting them.) Josh has tried really hard to turn me into a football fan and although I have learned a little I really wouldn't call myself a fan.

Anyway ... A couple of months ago I noticed that Josh was watching Nascar on the weekends so I half jokingly asked him if he was becoming a Nascar fan and to my amusement he said he was "because football isn't on right now." I made fun of him a little because really how can you enjoy watching cars drive round and round in circles - the whole thing just seems pointless!

Fast forward a couple of weeks and somehow I have guys I am rooting for. I cant sit and watch the whole race but I check in frequently to see how 'my guys' are doing. And I actually care who wins. This is really embarrassing - the girl who hates sports has somehow become a Nascar fan. I don't even know anyone who likes Nascar!!! This is so un-me. Hopefully its just a phase and will end soon so I can go back to my sport hating ways.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm not surprised. It's because they wear helmets.

Laura said...

Hahaha - Oh my gosh I almost choked on my drink! You're never going to let me forget that helmet comment are you???