Wednesday, December 24, 2008
We were going out to grab a few last minute things and when we opened the front door there was a box from Josh's dad and step mom. Josh grabbed the poultry shears (I know, interesting choice) to cut through the tape, and I went to grab my camera because I thought the postage was funny (thirty 41c stamps). Next thing Josh is running to the sink and I see a trail of blood behind him. Apparently he had accidentally stabbed himself in the hand!
Once we got the bleeding to stop we discussed whether or not it needed stitches. In the end we weren't sure so we made Urgent Care the first stop on our errands. He ended up needing 2 stitches and the doctor kept joking that I'd done the stabbing - HA HA.
I don't have a picture of the wound (since its bandaged right now) but here's the weapon:
Hope everyone is having an injury-free Christmas Eve!
Monday, December 15, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! In fact I love wrapping paper so much I dream of having a job at the gift wrapping counter of a store.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake! This is going to make me sound like a major dork but one of my favorite things about fake trees is their perfect symmetry.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? By January 1st.
5. Do you like eggnog? Eewwww
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my newborn baby doll - I got him when I was 7. His name is Baby James and I still have him. He's actually kind of creepy looking - maybe I'll take a picture of him and post it on here.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Josh - he always says he doesnt want anything.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Monkey and Hobbes. Foam golf balls? Check.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? None immediately come to mind.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Love Actually. I guess technically its not a Christmas movie but its set at Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November-ish.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham, my mom's stuffing, mince pies, fruit cake (why do Americans hate fruit cake?)
16. Lights on the tree? White.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have no idea what its called but I only ever hear it when I'm in England. But really, I love pretty much all Christmas music.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year we're staying home but hopefully next year we'll get to spend it with family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? I thought I could but I just went over them in my head and I'm missing one.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas day? Christmas day. When I was a kid my mom let us open one on Christmas Eve.
22. Does Santa Wrap your presents? Yes. But he has skipped our house the past few years.
23. Snow, Love it or Dread it? Love it if I'm staying inside, hate it if I have to go out and drive in it.
24. Candy canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum if they're mint flavored.
25. What the most important thing about the season? Family.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
It needs a little TLC inside and out but we love it! I still need to take some pictures of the inside. I am planning on doing before and after pics of each room and I'll post those, but seeing as we haven't actually finished a room yet it could be a while.
I think I have finally found a cure for my wedding obsession - decorating and renovating! I guess technically its more of a new obsession than a cure but hey, whatever works. My dreams are now filled with paint, window treatments, light fixtures, etc. - its fabulous!
my dad hiked Half Dome ...
Then it rained really hard all night and my Dad's tent got soaked by a puddle that formed around it (see pic below) so he decided we should go home early. I tried really hard not to be excited that we were ending the camping trip early :-)