Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Mr. Poleri in the Family Room with the Poultry Shears

So we just had a little Christmas Eve excitement.

We were going out to grab a few last minute things and when we opened the front door there was a box from Josh's dad and step mom. Josh grabbed the poultry shears (I know, interesting choice) to cut through the tape, and I went to grab my camera because I thought the postage was funny (thirty 41c stamps). Next thing Josh is running to the sink and I see a trail of blood behind him. Apparently he had accidentally stabbed himself in the hand!

Once we got the bleeding to stop we discussed whether or not it needed stitches. In the end we weren't sure so we made Urgent Care the first stop on our errands. He ended up needing 2 stitches and the doctor kept joking that I'd done the stabbing - HA HA.

I don't have a picture of the wound (since its bandaged right now) but here's the weapon:

Hope everyone is having an injury-free Christmas Eve!

2 comments:

Brandon and Becca said...

I hope Josh's hand is okay for opening presents. That is quite the Christmas Eve story. Are you going to make that a tradition? An annual trip to urgent care could be fun.

Laura said...

He did okay opening presents but couldnt really help with the cooking. Not that I minded - I didnt really want a fleshy wound with stitches touching the food!

Hope you guys had a lovely Christmas day :-)