Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Antics

On Saturday it was super hot and I felt bad that Josh had to work so I decided to make him some cupcakes. I was lazy and made the cake from a box but I did make the frosting from scratch (store bought frosting is gross!). I am no pastry chef but I tried to get creative with the frosting and they came out pretty cute - even Josh thought so. Most importantly they were delish!

This was my favorite one :-)


A couple months ago I found these little swallow charms and made this necklace with them:

I totally fell in love with the little birds and I've been thinking about some more interesting necklaces I could make with them. Anyway, I've been collecting different beads and charms and today I sat down and made 8 necklaces! I like them all but there is one that I really love. Some of them are gifts so I will have to wait until they have reached their new homes before I post pics. I dont know why I love these little birds so much because I dont really like real birds ... wierd ...


In other news Josh and I were browsing in Pier 1 this morning and I came across this pillow:

I think its adorable and I would love to have it in my living room! Unfortunately it only comes in blue and our color scheme is black and white with warm accents - not really a place light blue fits in. Josh would kill me if I decided to redecorate the entire room to incorporate a cute pillow so I'm going to do the next best thing - try to make my own version. If my project works I'll post pics ... and if I never mention it again you'll know it was a heinous disaster!

No comments: