Friday, June 27, 2008

Soap

A couple of weeks ago I got the idea in my head that I wanted to make my own soap. When I told Josh I wanted to make soap he said "what do you want to do that for - we have tons of Dove in the bathroom cupboard!" haha - men are so simplistic. Anyway I ordered some supplies online and this week I made my first attempt. It didnt go very well - apparently I'm not a natural soaper!

The first batch was lemon verbena scent and I was trying to color it a nice bright yellow. Those brown specks are color pigment I couldnt get to mix in - not so attractive. I also totally overdid it with the fragrance oil and the soap makes the entire bathroom smell like lemon verbena - oops!


Next we have an attempt at a color swirl. I waited too long to pour the blue soap and the white was already setting up so the blue didnt go all the way to bottom of the mold. I did a better job with the fragrance on this batch and they have a pleasant minty flavor.


Definitely back to the drawing board on this project! :-)

No comments: