Monday, June 9, 2008

Sweet and Juicy

This past weekend Josh and I went out to the Brentwood fruit orchards to pick cherries. I was super excited! Josh wasnt really into it but he went with me so I didnt have to go alone. I tasted a cherry when we first walked into the orchard and it was the most delicious cherry I've ever had - so sweet and juicy! Most of the trees were picked clean and only had a few cherries on the very top branches but then we came across this jackpot tree that was completely covered in fruit - it was amazing! We had only planned to pick about 2 pounds of fruit but got carried away at the jackpot tree and picked 7 pounds!!! When we went to pay the guy at the register said it was getting close to closing time and if we walked to the end of the driveway and changed the sign from 'open' to 'closed' we could have the cherries for $5 - what a bargain! Now I just have to figure out how to use up 7 pounds of cherries ...
I think in the end Josh had a good time and he might even go back with me to pick peaches - woohoo!




No comments: