Saturday, October 9, 2010

Guest Room chair

The only other project I completed in the guest room before my brother arrived was making over an ugly little chair I found at a thrift store. The bed takes up most of the room but I wanted to squeeze in a small chair for clothes or other things that guests might not want to just chuck on the floor.

I liked the chair's size and style but it was a bit old and smelly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wont bore you with all the steps but basically I unscrewed the seat, wiped down the wood frame and spray painted it, and then recovered the seat and screwed it back on. Originally I had planned on doing a more structured seat with piping (like the original) but at the last minute I got lazy and just did one solid piece of fabric. Now that I think about it I doubt I would have been able to make the piping look good so its probably a good thing I got lazy!

I wanted to incorporate some blue and green into the room to bring some pizazz to the dark brown duvet cover so I chose a fabric first and then picked a spray paint to match.

Photobucket

How cute is that?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Its a bit loud and bright but I think it will blend in just fine when there's some art on the walls.

I even had enough fabric left over to make a pillow for the bed!

Photobucket

(How many pillows on a bed is too many?!)

Photobucket

Zeke approves!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Love the chair,,,,nothing like a pop of color to brighten the room. Love the matching pillow on the bed and you can never have too many pillows :)
Everytime I see a picture of Zeke it makes me smile-he is the most photogenic pup ever. Love his face!!!!