Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pillows and pets

This morning I finished making throw pillows out of this fabric that I'm kind of in love with ...

I bought it a couple of months ago because I loved the color and pattern but I wasn't sure what to make with it. A few weeks ago I found a super cheap green rug at Ikea for for the living room so I decided to make the fabric into throw pillows for the sofa to bring in some more green. Yay!

Not 30 minutes after I placed the new pillows on the sofa where did I find our animal family?

Of course they weren't on the brown (a great color for hiding pet hair) sofa in the family room. Nope, they were chilling on the white (a perfect color for showing pet hair) sofa in the living room, enjoying the new pillows. Thank goodness for slipcovers and bleach!

1 comment:

Terry said...

OMG...that picture is a riot. I can't believe they are all together just hanging out-and on your white sofa!!!!! Love the new pillows-what does the rug look like? If you can, post a picture of the front room so I can see the whole thing. You are doing an amazing job on the house!!