Thursday, November 25, 2010

Farewell pumpkins

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

As the day draws to a close I am thinking about tomorrow when I will start decking the halls! I probably shouldn't admit this but since I've already told Josh and he laughed hysterically at me and told me I was out of my mind I've already suffered the worst: 6 months ago I started a list of what decorations I wanted to put where in the house and I would review it on a monthly basis and update it with any changes. Actually now that I'm typing this it does sound a little bizarre. I think I just couldn't take the summer heat so I started daydreaming about winter which lead to day dreaming about Christmas decorating. Although I guess I didn't need to go so far as to start a list ... perhaps Josh has a point.

Since all the pumpkins will be leaving the house tomorrow I thought I'd share some pics of our dining table. We've had the mercury glass candle holders on our table since early October but this morning I gathered all the pumpkins from around the house and dumped them all on the table. Too bad I didn't do this sooner - I love how it looks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The green striped pumpkin is my favorite.

Photobucket

Just as we were about to eat we looked over and saw this gross scene ...

Photobucket

Not what I wanted on the table right before dinner!


Welllll I think I will go and review my list one last time before tomorrow :-)

1 comment:

Terry said...

The pumpkins look great on the table-I have one of the green striped also and it was my favorite. Of course Monkey is the best decoration-love that shot!!!!