Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spring is here!

The winters are never very long here in northern California but I think ours is officially over.

We were working in the backyard this weekend and I noticed our peach tree is covered in little buds. I hope this year's peaches are bigger than the miniature ones we had last year. Although its probably my fault since I didnt water the tree. At all. Oops!


Photobucket


We are in the process of cutting down this unattractive bush (because its a hiding place and litter box for the neighborhood cats) but I quickly grabbed a snap of its spring growth. I like how the new light green leaves look next to the dark green older ones.

Photobucket


This purple guy (girl?) is cascading over the neighbor's fence behind the mail boxes.

Photobucket


These mustard weeds are everywhere - especially along the sides of the freeway. Even though they are pesky weeds I still enjoy their sunny yellow flowers.

Photobucket


The cherry blossoms are starting to bloom and I just love their pretty pink color!


Photobucket

(These cherry blossom trees are outside the grocery store and Josh sat in the car embarrassed while I took a few pics. I think I embarrass him a lot.)

Photobucket


These are my Valentine's day flowers from Josh - they have a springy vibe so I think they are appropriate for this post too.

Photobucket


Anyone else experiencing an early spring?

1 comment:

Terry said...

NO....but can't wait.