Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas decor

I've been meaning to post these pics for the past 2 weeks and here we are a few days before Christmas and I'm finally getting to it. There are quite a few so I'll keep the commentary to a minimum.

We kept it pretty simple in the living room - mostly silver and white with a bit of red from the garland and wreath.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sometimes I pose them, sometimes they pose themselves :-)



Photobucket

This awesome moss wreath came from Pottery Barn's Christmas clearance pile in February. It looks a little brown in these pics but its a nice green color. I made the banner out of scrapbook letters, glitter and hemp twine.

Photobucket
I used the red berry garlands on the stairs again. Maybe next year I'll do something different.



Photobucket

Mercury glass trees and vases full of ornaments ... pretty.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I attached the felt wreath I made to a berry wreath to make a double wreath. That way I technically have 2 wreaths in the living room, not 3. Three would be overdoing it :-)


We put the tree in a new spot this year - its much better in that corner out of the way.


Photobucket

Usually we have a poster above the fireplace but we switched to a mirror (from the upstairs hallway) while the Christmas decor is up. I made the 'merry & bright' banner the same way as the 'happy holidays' one in the living room.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

(I probably should have moved the dog's water bowl before taking pictures!)

Photobucket

Zoey's ornament to match the other pets' ones.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
{Winter snuggles}



Photobucket
They look innocent but they are trying to figure out a way to go over and nibble on the tree without us noticing.

2 comments:

Terry said...

The house looks so festive...The tree is beautiful (I love Zoeys ornament), love the silver balls and the berry garland and of course, the wreaths. Everything looks wonderful...and the animals are adorable as always!
PS-Love your tootsies!!

Tara said...

Beautiful! I want to be there for Christmas. Your pics always look like they are straight out of a magazine!