Monday, February 9, 2009

Skin Deep

I came across this website where you can look up your products and see their toxic levels and whether or not they're tested on animals etc.

Since I wear (cake on!) makeup everyday I thought I'd check out what I was really putting on my face.
I am a huge MAC makeup fan and probably 90% of my large makeup collection is made up of MAC products so I was really hoping I wouldn't find out they're full of toxic sludge.
Some of the stuff scored a little higher on the hazard scale than I'd like but the big surprise was that my Cover Girl mascara was the bad product ... 9 out of 10 on the toxicity scale!
And to think I put that stuff right by my eyes daily. Yikes!


Look up your stuff here.


2 comments:

Baldwin Family said...

That site is so interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up-I'll check it out.